Monday, January 9, 2023

 Today I had some frozen shredded chicken in the freezer, so I pulled it out and decided to make some salsa verde chicken enchiladas with Spanish rice, beans, and roasted cauliflower.  For the sauce, I used salsa verde and added some chicken broth and chopped garlic.  Then boiled to cook the tomatoes to make enchilada sauce.  You could use green enchilada sauce if you want.  I honestly didn't have enchilada sauce on hand so I compromised and made my own by using what I had. 



When the sauce is finished cooking, I added some into the chicken and added some mozzarella cheese then mixed.  To make sure the corn tortillas didn't break apart and stay their shape, I added some olive oil into a pan and heated them up on each side. 

You can find my pan here- https://amzn.to/3imowOe


Once the tortillas are warm and soft, I add them into my handmade tortilla warmer.  
Don't have a tortilla warmer?  You should contact me and I can make you one!  They are so handy and keep the tortillas warm for a long time. I love mine! 

On each tortilla, I spread some sour cream, add the chicken mixture and place them into a casserole dish.  Pour the remaining salsa verde enchilada sauce and add shredded mozzarella cheese on top.  Broil until slightly brown and bubbly. 

You can find a great casserole dish here- https://amzn.to/3jZ7bey



I am going to add this recipe to the Mexican food section and the Spanish rice to the instant pot section.  Let me know how it turns out if you decide to make it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment