Sunday, February 7, 2016

Yesterday we had our family friends Dowanne and Craig over for dinner.  We hadn't seen them in a while and they wanted to meet our new kitten Cleo.  My mom and Dowanne went to high school together. It's always fun to get together with them!  I made a Ravioli lasagna with breadsticks and a salad.  Dowanne made a pie that was my grandmothers recipe! Everything was delicious!  I was so stuffed!  

For the Ravioli lasagna, I got an Italian sausage stuffed ravioli ( 2 packages), but you can use whatever flavor you want. I found these at Kroger.  They also had a spinach or mushroom flavor.  Or you can get regular beef flavor in the frozen section.
 First I made my sauce.  I got sweet Italian turkey sausage and marinara.  I added a little bit of onion,garlic, and basil and then browned the sausage in a pan. Then added marinara and kept on low for about 3 min for flavors to mingle.  

Then I heated the ravioli in warm water until soft 
Let the layering begin!  Spray your dish with cooking spray and then add marinara sauce to bottom.  ( I got two cans of marinara- one to add to meat and one to add extra sauce to lasagna) . 
Start layering your ravioli & ricotta cheese: 
Top with meat sauce, and shredded Italian cheese- repeat with more ravioli, ricotta, meat sauce and cheese 
On the last layer I added the rest of the cheese for bubbly goodness: 
Bake in oven at 350 until bubbly then turn oven to broil until cheese is a little browned: 
Yummy!!!  Here is the meal on my plate: 
And the delicious pie Dowanne made as well: 
I will add the ravioli recipe to dinners and the pie to desserts shortly!  Enjoy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment