Sunday, January 29, 2023

 For dinner tonight, I made Instant pot meatloaf.  I've been trying to use up all of the chicken in my freezer, so we were definitely ready for beef today.  This is one of my favorite recipes, its so delicious and the leftovers are just as good.  I buy a McCormick meat loaf package and use Italian sausage, ground beef, half and half, egg, ketchup, and ritz crackers.  I form into a loaf and place into the instant pot.  If you are only making one loaf, then you can add your diced potatoes in the bottom of the instant pot with 2 cups of water and then add the loaf on top.  I wrap the meat loafs into foil and I usually make two loafs and stack on top of each other in the instant pot.  Turn to custom and cook for 25 min, then top with ketchup and broil.  (Adding to instant pot recipes) 

Form the loaf and then fold in the sides
Wrap loaf completely and place into instant pot with 2 cups of water on top of the trivet. 
If only cooking 1 loaf you can add chopped potatoes on the bottom and then add the trivet on top of the potatoes, then add loaf to cook everything at the same time.  I made two loafs so I did not have room to do that and made my mashed potatoes on the stove. 

Cook on custom and 25 min on high for the meatloaf in the instant pot. 
Once the instant pot has cooked the loafs, mix ketchup and brown sugar and brush on top.  Broil until bubbly.  Enjoy with mashed potatoes and mixed veggies. 










No comments:

Post a Comment