Saturday, March 7, 2015

Friday night I had a craving for Thai food so I came home and made Basil Thai chicken with white sticky rice, Romenesco cauliflower, and Thai peanut chicken pot stickers!  It took me a little while to cook everything but it was totally worth it!  I loved the pot stickers.  Didn't turn out as pretty as I was expecting, but tasted amazing!  First I started the rice in my rice cooker and cut up the cauliflower for the oven.  Have you ever seen this?
David has been wanting to try it and I found some at Tom Thumb so we had to make some!  Really tasty and cool looking!  
Then I pounded out the chicken until flat and cut into small prices.  Pounding it makes the chicken really tender.  
Then I added all of my onions and bell peppers, garlic, and cabbage to the pan to cook while I made my sauce.  
I made my sauce with soy sauce, brown sugar, red chili garlic paste, and stir fry sauce.  Added all the ingredients to the chicken and stirred until sauce covered chicken.
I added the chicken to the skillet with the veggies and cooked until done.  
Then I had to make the pot sticker meat! I added coconut milk, peanut butter, chili paste, and brown sugar to ground turkey with water chestnuts and onions.  
I cooked until turkey was done and added sauce.  Then made my pot stickers with wonton wrappers and cooked in a pan until brown.


Here is our plate ready to eat:

I made a peanut sauce for the pot stickers but we didn't like it... Too much peanut!  Everything else was amazing.  It made such a pretty plate!  I'll add the whole recipe for both the chicken and the pot stickers a little later.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment