Wednesday, August 10, 2016

I've made several roast recipes, but the Pepper Roast is David's favorite.  I made this recipe yesterday after he and some friends got off a day on the boat and it really hit the spot.  The recipe I found doesn't call for any veggies, so I always add some carrots, celery, onions, and mushrooms.  I didn't have room for potatoes in the slow cooker, so I baked some small ones in the oven along with some butternut squash.  I added these to the bottom of my bowl and poured the roast on top.  The ingredients are too easy: 1 ranch packet, 1 au jus packet, 1 stick of butter, beef broth, & pepperoncini peppers.  I used the pickled pepperoncini's.  The peppers add a hint of flavor, but definitely isn't spicy.  The butter makes the roast tender and juicy.  You should really try this recipe!  I'll add to the Dinner's section.


No comments:

Post a Comment