Monday, May 9, 2016

Sunday we had both families over for a Mother's Day spaghetti lunch.  We ate spaghetti and meatballs, had strawberry dump cake with ice cream and then opened mothers day gifts and cards.  I handed Grandma her gift and she said "Wow you really bought them out!"  before she had opened it.  (It was in a large gift bag)  Once she saw what the gift was, she was truly touched that I had used Granddad's old shirts to make her a quilt.  She absolutely loved it and said "I wish he was here to see this." I think Granddad is always smiling down on us painting or playing his horn.  She went home and immediately put it on her bed and it fit perfectly.  It was so nice having both families over this year to celebrate together!  (Also see my "Quilts" page under the CRAFTS section) 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment